Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meal Time

I know that when I don't use a recipe, things turn out absolutely yummy.  Tossing in this and that works very well.  :)



1 Pound Lean Ground Beef browned with salt, pepper & 3 TBSP minced garlic
1 medium purple onion rough chopped
2 pounds frozen mixed veggies
1 can black beans drained
1 can new potatoes drained
1 can garlic and onion flavored spaghetti sauce

I use cans when I don't have produce from the garden.  I'm getting ready to harvest some red potatoes in a couple of weeks, so that will eradicate the need for potatoes.

I browned the ground beef, added the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer covered for about 1/2 hour.  

While that was simmering, we worked together to make Mr. G's favorite cole slaw.




Carrots, Purple and Green Cabbage with a tablespoon of Poppy Seeds, 1 cup mayo, 2 TBSP Milk, 2 TBSP Honey mixed well, then add 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar.  Salt and Pepper to taste.




This is Mr. G's plate.  He has potatoes, but I do not.

What did I have to eat today?  :)

Breakfast I had a salad, or maybe I should call it brunch.  LOL  The salad had romaine lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado, yellow peppers, tomato and sunflower nuts with Ranch dressing.  We had to return a purchase today, so I grabbed some popcorn chicken at the W*lm*rt to tide me over till dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Dana. It's much more than low carbing though. I'm trying very hard to just have carbs like breads and such just 2 days a week.

    ReplyDelete

Bless your heart for your comment! I love hearing from others, but please give me some time to see your comment and approve it.

God Bless you!